Exercise 6.3.1. Write the Past Participles of the following verbs.
1. eat 6. iron 11. arrive 16. break
2. sleep 7. clean 12. put 17. make
3. open 8. take 13. leave 18. run
4. find 9. swim 14. drink 19. buy
5. give 10. write 15. talk 20. have
Exercise 6.3.2. Complete these sentences using the verbs in brackets in the correct tense(Present Continuous or Present Perfect).
1. What ___ you (to talk) about? 2. We __ just (to talk) about it. 3. He __ just (to say) something about it. 4. She __ (to tell) them some interesting story. 5. He __ (to tell) us nothing about it. 6. She ___ (to tell) them a story about a famous scientists. 7. We __ (to have) two lessons and a lecture today.
Exercise 6.3.3. Put the verbs in brackets intoPresent PerfectorPast Simple.
1. We (to travel) around Europe last year. 2. My friend knows so much because he (to travel) a lot. 3. I (to see) Pete today. 4. She (to see) this film last Sunday. 5. Alex (to meet) his friend two hours ago. 6. I just (to meet) our teacher. 7. The students already (to decide) where they want to work after the graduation. 8. Yesterday they (to decide) to stay at the hotel. 9. Helen speaks French so well because she (to live) in France. 10. I (not / finish) my homework yet. 11. The rain (to stop) and the sun are shining in the sky again. 12. The rain (to stop) half an hour ago. 13. I (to buy) a pair of gloves yesterday. 14. The weather (to change), and we can go for a walk. 15. They (move) to London two years ago.
Exercise 6.3.4. Put the verbs in brackets intoPast Simple, Past Continuousor Past Perfect.
1. By six o'clock Nick (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner. 2. By nine o'clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV. 3. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street. 4. When I (to come) home, my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library. 5. When the teacher (to come) in the classroom, the students were already standing. 6. When I (to look) out of the window, I saw that some students (to play) football, the others (to watch) them. 7. When
Exercise 6.3.5. Put the verbs in brackets intoPresent Perfect, Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple or Past Continuous.
1. They (to go) to the Hermitage last week. 2. They (to be) to the Hermitage twice this week. 3. After the study school yesterday he (to come) home, (to have) dinner, (to read) an article from the latest magazine. 4. When your friend (to return) from the south? – She (to return) yesterday. – You (to go) to the station to meet her? – No, I (to be) too busy. 5. With whom you (to discuss) this question yesterday? 6. I (to see) this film this week. I like it very much.
Exercise 6.3.6. Put the verbs in brackets intoFuture Simple, Future Continuous or Future Perfect.
1. I (to prepare) my report tomorrow. 2. I (to prepare) my report at 6 p.m. tomorrow. 3. I (to prepare) my report by 6 p.m. tomorrow. 4. When I come home tomorrow, my family (to have) supper. 5. When you come to my place tomorrow, I (to read) your book. 6. Don't come to my place tomorrow.
6.4. Passive Voice
Exercise 6.4.1. Rewrite these sentences using the Passive Voice.
Example: Mother waters the flowers in the evening. – The flowers are watered in the evening. (by a mother)
1. The workers will paint the roof of the house. 2. The mechanics repaired the car. 3. The student made a report. 4. The teacher is giving the assignment.
Exercise 6.4.2. Rewrite these sentences using the Passive Voice.
1. We received this letter after his departure. 2. Have the dogs ever attacked you? 3. The boy carries a heavy bag. 4. The storm prevented the aircraft from flying. 5. Who discovered the structure of atom? 6. They are selling delicious fruit there now. 7. The old man told us about the war-time. 8. They offered her some interesting work. 9. The doctor prescribed her new medicine. 10. They often speak about it. 11. Everybody laughed at this funny joke. 12. We have been looking for you the whole morning. 13. We shall insist on strict discipline. 14. They teach three foreign languages at this University.
Exercise 6.4.3. Put the verbs in brackets into Passive Voice.
1. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 2. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 3. I (to ask) a question at the lesson yesterday. 4. I (to give) a very interes-
Exercise 6.4.4. Rewrite the sentences using the Passive Voice.
1. I bought some potatoes yesterday. 2. We shall bring the books back to the library tomorrow. 3. They are repairing the clock now. 4. They sell shoes in this shop. 5. I have translated the whole text. 6. They broke the window last week. 7. When I came home, children had eaten all the sweets. 8. We shall do this work in the evening. 9. This author wrote this book in the 19th century.
Exercise 6.4.5. Rewrite the sentences using the Active Voice. Add the appropriate subject.
1. This mountain has never been climbed before. 2. Why have these cups been put here in this cupboard? 3. Nick was told to go home at once. 4. Invitations have been sent to all the old pupils to be present at the military school's anniversary. 5. The work was finished in time. 6. The child is taken care of carefully. 7. What museums were visited by you last year? 8. Have your compositions been handed in? 9. What has been said is true. 10. After the facts had been thoroughly (тщательно, подробно) explained to her, she no longer felt worried. 11. The Greeks were attacked by the Persians from the sea. 12. This regulation must be read by every student. 13. This film can be seen at the cinema only. 14. Spartan children were taught by their parents to endure all hardships (выдерживать, преодолевать все трудности). 15. Which article was translated by your yesterday?
Не нашли то, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском гугл на сайте: